Goose Ridge Estate Vineyard & Winery is an honest reflection of a shared family vision, stewardship of the land, and commitment to artisan winemaking.
In the early 1900s, M.L. Monson brought his family to the Yakima Valley, armed with a love for the land and the dream of building a family farming business that would continue for generations.
Initially, the Monsons focused on orchards and cattle. But after talking with Dr. Walter Clore, widely recognized as the visionary behind Washington’s wine industry, Arvid Monson built on the legacy of the land started by his father and began to establish vineyards in the arid hills and valleys around Richland. With that, Goose Ridge Estate Vineyard & Winery was born.
Today, Goose Ridge stands as one of Washington’s most renowned and progressive properties among the state’s nearly 1,000 wineries.
- Goose Ridge owns and operates the largest contiguous estate vineyard in Washington State, with more than 2,000 acres of estate vineyards producing world-class wine grapes for its five company brands as well as dozens of other wineries;
- All Goose Ridge wines are made with 100 percent estate fruit – grapes specifically grown and selected for Goose Ridge wines from its own vineyards. This unique approach ensures the finest quality across all of the company’s brands;
- Goose Ridge operates one of the largest, state-of-the-art wineries in Washington State, capable of producing a million cases of wine. In addition to the 40,000 cases produced annually under its own brands, Goose Ridge helps produce and vinify wines for well-known Northwest wineries such as Chateau Ste. Michelle, Precept Brands and Charles Smith.
- Goose Ridge produces 40,000 cases of wine each year, from its value-focused Stonecap, Tall Sage and Cascadian Outfitters wines to its premium g3 label and ultimately to the limited Goose Ridge label. Consumers can find Goose Ridge wines in all 50 states.
- Goose Ridge is committed to bringing its wines to the people. Goose Ridge is the only winery in Washington State with tasting rooms in four different communities – Richland, Leavenworth, Woodinville and Walla Walla.
- Yet through this remarkable growth since Goose Ridge wines launched in 1998, the company has remained true to the vision established by M.L. Monson and his son Arvid. The company is led and managed by Arvid’s three children, Bill, Molly and Valerie.
“My sisters and I grew up with the understanding you don't farm for this generation, you farm for the next one,” company president Bill Monson says.
“We believe the same principles apply to our family’s winery.”